Take A Tour
Car Hire Malaga Airport with Fetajo Rent a Car
Tourism in Malaga : Founded in the eighth century BC by the Phoenicians, Malaga is one of the oldest cities in Europe. Now is the capital of the province of the same name, and is rich in one of the biggest tourist and cultural splendors of the region.
Belonging to the Autonomous Community of Andalusia, and located in the famous Costa of the Sun, about 100 kilometers from the Strait of Gibraltar , Malaga is presented as one of the best options to enjoy a few days that will be unforgettable for any visitor.
Train to go from Malaga airport to the center of Malaga
The best way to get from the center of Malaga Malaga airport is using the train line C1 of Renfe.
- Itinerary: at the airport, you can find the stop starting from the arrival hall of Terminal 3 (floor 0) and from the Departures Hall, walking 5 minutes along a walkway covered is marked with the sign “Train / Renfe” . In the center you can get off at stations Maria Zambrano or Centro Alameda, for example.
- Duration of the trip: to go from Malaga airport to Malaga center will not take more than 10 minutes. María Zambrano until you have about 8 minutes, and 12 to Centro Alameda.
- Frequency: there is a train from the center of Malaga and Malaga airport every 20 minutes. However, late in the evening and first morning, the frequency drops to a train every half hour.
- Timetable: the last train to go from Malaga airport to the center part at 00:24 hours, while the first center to airport leaves at 05:20 hours.
- Prices and tickets: you can buy tickets on the machines that you will find on the platforms. A single ticket for two zones (enough to go to the center of Malaga) costs € 1.80. If you ‘re going to move more on public transport in Malaga, you can buy bonus of 10 trips for 11.95 euros.
Bus to go from Malaga airport to the center of Malaga
If you are over the bus than the train, you can take the bus Express Airport (EMT, line A).
- Itinerary: the bus to go from Malaga airport to the city center takes just outside Terminal 3. The last stop is the Walk of the park – Plaza General Torrijos, but you also have the option of getting off at the station Maria Zambrano (bus stop Sostoa Hero – station) and bus station in Malaga. The central stop is the Alameda Principal.
- Frequency: bus operates 7 days a week, 24 hours, passing every 25 minutes between 6 am and 12 pm.
- Duration of the journey: a journey between to Malaga airport and the city center usually take about 20 minutes.
- Prices and tickets: you can buy the ticket on board the bus. They are priced at 3 euros and you can only pay with cash, so do not forget to have some change over.
Train to go from Malaga airport Fuengirola, Benalmádena and Torremolinos
These three very famous beach towns of the Costa de Sol are also connected directly with Malaga airport via the line C1 of Renfe . You just have to take it in the opposite direction which is the center of Malaga.
Prices and routes to these destinations from Malaga airport are:
- Train Malaga airport to Torremolinos: 10 minutes 1.80 euros.
- Train Malaga airport to Fuengirola: 34 minutes 2.70 euros.
- Train Malaga airport to Benalmadena: 15 minutes 2,05 euros.
Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella
Although many of those who go to Marbella have private car – and not one anyone- there are buses for those who have no such luck. Lines 603 and 601 are the ones that should take.
- Duration of the journey: 40 to 45 minutes.
- Prices and tickets: buy online can and prices vary between 6.15 euros and 8.50 euros each way.
- Timetable: there are 12 or 13 daily weekday services. Check the website to see them all.
Airport bus from Malaga to Granada
Granada Airport serves a much smaller number of destinations so many travelers use the Malaga to arrive or depart at this resort town.
The distance is about 120 kilometers and there are buses of Alsa company covering the distance in 1 hour and 45 minutes in his shortest or 2 hours and 20 on the longest journey. The price moves in the environment of 12 euros and can buy tickets in advance on the website of ALSA.
There are about 16 daily services between Malaga and Granada airport, can check timetables for each day on the website of Alsa.